Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I am an MIT GRT (RA)

Browsing nytimes.com on my laptop in the hospital as I waited to start my last week of homevisits here in Bangkok, I came across this article entitled, "In Study, Texting Lifts Crash Risk by Large Margin" as the top emailed story under the technology section. I thought to myself, "Wow, I had no idea that during studying texting can help people from crashing and burning. I'll have to keep this in mind when we get back to Cambridge and tell the kids. Texting and distractions are actually good for them!"

I proceeded to read the article and realized within the first paragraph that the "study" referred to a research study and that crashing a car was more likely to happen. I felt completely out of touch; I wasn't even close to deducing what the article was about from its (now very obvious) title.

You can take the girl out of the GRT position, but you can't take the GRT position out of the girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home