Saturday, April 03, 2010

Oddly Nostalgic

Yesterday, second year came to an end. For all the times I cursed being in medical school and suffered insufferable afternoons and evenings in my books, I actually started to miss it yesterday as soon as it was over.

Let me clarify, I don't miss the studying. (Be it known that I am in fact still studying for Step 1 of the medical licensing board exam.) I'm going to miss the moments with best friends. (Cheese alert) The moments of misery that turn into hilarity, the moments of insanity where it's clear we've all cracked, the snark-tastic moments that only are funny to best friends who spend 8-12 hours a day together - those pre-clinical days are gone.

For sure, there will be new moments in the clinical years that will be equally if not more memorable, moments I'm not even capable of foreseeing right now. And they'll be just as important, if not more, in my medical school experience as my pre-clinical years are. Still I wanted to take the time to recognize the end of an important part of my life that was incredibly formative professionally and personally.

To bring my vision of these last two years back to reality, though, just like middle school and high school (for most people, myself included), this is a part of my life that I would not want to relive- just oddly nostalgically look back on.

Off to the boards and 3rd year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home