Monday, March 31, 2008

Goodbye March, Hello Medical School

It's funny how quickly life seems to move when you're not waiting for anything. At the beginning of March, I never thought I'd get through this month. Just about all of the schools I was expecting to hear from planned to release their decisions in March. After almost two years of working towards going to medical school and 4 months of continuous traveling for med school interviews around the country, I was finally going to learn of my medical school fate this March.

I've been extremely lucky in having received so much good news this month, and now I can't believe it's all over. March just flew by so quickly and the hype, the anticipation, and the chase are all over. Part of me is just relieved to now know where I'll be in a few short months, but another part of me is sort of sad that the process is over. Though it was certainly trying and tiring, it was also exciting (and almost fun) to imagine myself attending the various schools I interviewed at, to get to know schools and students across the country, and to just travel. And I can only say that because I've been relatively successful this interview season. I know there are others still waiting for an acceptance at all or have already resigned themselves to just reapplying, and this process for them is hell, at best.

But for me, it's another experience I can tuck away and look back on one day, maybe even fondly. I'll surely be reliving this interview season again in 4 short years, when I apply for residency positions, and I can only hope to be as lucky as I am now. But in the meantime, between these two interview seasons, I get to start the next chapter of my life, in San Francisco, at my most ideal medical school. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home