Saturday, April 03, 2010

My Guiltiest Pleasure

Some indulge in chocolate. Others in People Magazine. I may be one who falls into both of those categories at times, but perhaps my guiltiest pleasure of all is watching Felicity (yes the 1998-2002 series on the WB starring Keri Russell) at big moments of transition in my life when I am nostalgic for things past.

Felicity has always been there for me- in my transition from high school to college, college to consultancy, consultancy to post-bac/science jobs, post-bac/science jobs to med school, and now pre-clinical med school to clinical med school. I always manage to find meaning in the too-obviously-scripted stories and the cheesy, unrealistic dialogue. Somehow, I always manage to find episodes serendipitously that relate to the current transition events of my life. I also strangely, or not, relate to the naive Felicity. I'm not sure I'm quite like her, but, for better or for worse, I do find myself reflecting on and looking for meaning in every moment; constantly thoroughly thinking things through; consistently self-reflecting.

Cat's out of the bag. I turn to Felicity in my transition periods. (And I own all 4 seasons on DVD; my sisters, who know me too well and also indulge in WB dramas, bought them for me as my college graduation gift.) Go ahead and judge me. I'm watching Felicity as I write this and I'm loving it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home