Wednesday, April 20, 2005

The First Days in the Sun

It's amazing how much happier people are when the weather improves. All the sudden campus is full of people wearing light clothing, sun glasses, and flip flops. Everyone's outside reading or playing frisbee or chatting with a friend; how absolultely glorious! I've most certainly enjoyed this two week streak of gorgeous weather in Philadelphia myself. I've been having long dinners outside and enjoying ice cream on park benches. I've been walking across the Schuylkill River and it feels liberating. The Schuylkill is the great divide between Center City and West Philly and the first crossing of it for the season marks the beginning of warm weather and of many more journeys by foot downtown.

Perhaps the best part of the warm months for me is right at the beginning (right now) when I experience the anticipation of the coming summer. I daydream about places I'll visit, books I'll read, and sleep I'll catch up on. :) I can't wait to bike along the Charles when I move to Boston this summer and play tennis everyday the sun is out. I can't wait to see the French countryside and the Greek Islands and experience again the old world of Europe. This is my last summer break and my last chance for my last hoorah before entering the real world. This is the last time I'll get to daydream about the next few months and feel the excitement and anticipation of what is to come under the warmth of the sun. This is it for me, the last start of a summer, and I am savoring every minute of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lawrence David said...

Stupid tissue engineering. There will be no summer until I snatch that damn degree.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home