Saturday, September 15, 2007

Gerbil Babies!

On September 13, 2007, Pretzels and Pumpkin welcomed five gerbil pups into the world! The two new parents have been nicely sharing the duty of sitting on the litter to keep them warm since the 5 little ones are currently red and hairless.

When I went to feed the gerbils on the morning of September 13th, I saw 5 red, squirming things in a corner of the tank. My first thought was, "Eww, what is that ?" (Great maternal instincts, I know.) But immediately I realized that Pumpkin had given birth, and at 7:00AM, I woke Lawrence up telling him the good news. He was not as thrilled, seeing as how he was on hour 4 of sleep when I woke him up, but he appeased me and came to the study to look at the new pups anyway. He was more excited about the pups that afternoon though, after he had a full night's rest.

The pups are doing well, and I'll be posting pictures soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home