Wednesday, July 11, 2007

T - 36 Hours

36 hours to go before my MCAT! I'm so nervous. I hope do well. :-/ The focus of my last six weeks of studying has been this exam, so I better darn well only have to take it once.

I thought my MCAT and our trip big backpacking trip would be the biggest events of July, but Lawrence's colonoscopy complications definitely take the cake. Click on the link for Lawrence's witty commentary on the past week's events. Let's just say I'm glad he didn't bleed to death.

Though happily Lawrence managed to survive without a hitch thus far ::knockonwood::, sadly we had to cancel our big trip to Los Angeles/Thailand/Cambodia/Burma. This trip has been the only thing that's kept us sane since the beginning of the spring semester. Initially we were planning on traveling to the Philippines in January, but I unexpectedly landed a job that was important for my medical school application- I couldn't get away. With my tough spring semester and MCAT and his PhD quals, we were just hoping to make it to Asia in one piece. We were looking forward to being relatively worry/stress-free for three short weeks.

More importantly though, of course, I'm extremely happy that Lawrence is on his way to a successful recovery and that I can spend the next couple weeks ensuring his rip-roaring return to his adventurous self.

But for the next 36 hours, I need to think positive thoughts for the MCAT. Tomorrow will be my day of zen. I plan on running, doing some yoga, and eating plenty of brain food. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home