Monday, February 20, 2006

The Little Things in Life

I'm sitting in my warm bed in my pajamas right now with a laptop at hand. I'm so content. I love when you are in the middle of something ordinary and it suddenly dawns on you how much you are enjoying it. Life at that moment just seems so sweet and simple, doesn't it? Here is a sample list of the simple things I find joy in, the things that help make life a little more pleasant as I go through my day.

Hearing an old favorite song come on the radio
Sipping a warm drink after getting in from the cold
Getting into pajamas after a long day at work
Eating a delicious dinner you somehow managed to cook yourself
Feeling the sun on your skin after long months of jackets and layers
Drinking cold water after being in the summer heat
Leaving work early on a Friday
Getting out of class early
Taking a warm shower after a tough workout
Waking up from a satisfying afternoon nap
Falling asleep, in general :)

I found joy just thinking of and listing the small things that make me happy. I encourage you to think of the things that make your day pleasant and to appreciate them the next time they happen. By being aware and happy while in the moment, life really becomes that much simpler and more enjoyable. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home