Monday, May 15, 2006

Rain Rain Won't Go Away

It's been raining in Boston and New England for basically the last two weeks with the exception of a sunny weekend on May 5 and 6. I haven't been able to ride my bike properly (yes yes, laugh for those who don't respect Caliente, my purple, 30 year old Schwinn road bike), play tennis, or even throw a frisbee around. It's been miserable and will continue to be for a forecasted fortnight! I am beginning to understand why people in Alaska are much more likely to become depressed during the months where they see little to no sunlight.

Still, I don't have it nearly as bad as those in Massachusetts and New Hampshire suburbs north of Boston. Yesterday over 10 inches of rain fell in Lynn, Massachusetts. I think only 6 inches or so fell in the metro Boston area. Had this been a snowstorm, such a downpour would have constituted 10 feet of snow, assuming one inch of rain translates into one foot of snow. Rivers are overflowing and basements are completely flooded. National states of emergency have been declared in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and a county of Maine. This rain will continue, on and off, for another two weeks.

Hopefully, none of the flooding will hit Cambridge. Expect me to blog often as long as the rain continues this way. I'll have nothing better to do. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home