Wednesday, July 12, 2006

My To Do List

Inspired by Lawrence's blog post, I've been thinking of things I would like to accomplish in my life. Some are listed below in no particular order. (These are the things I can think of right now- I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting. :) ) I hope to look back on this list one day to remember how naive I was at the ripe old age of 23 to think I could accomplish so much or (more ideally) to look back and realize that, at the ripe old age of 23, I could never have imagined the wonderful and amazing things I've experienced (and hopefully accomplished) in my life. Let's hope I think the latter. :)

1. Become a medical doctor.
2. Spend the remainder of my youth living, learning, and partying in New York City.
3. Live in the Philippines for some time to understand my roots and to make contributions to the country.
4. Become fluent in Tagalog.
5. Learn Spanish.
6. Travel to each continent.
7. Have children.
8. Raise children in New York City- to be true New Yorkers of course.
9. Have dogs as pets.
10. Paint 1 inspiring painting- it doesn't matter whom it inspires. :)
11. Learn to cook with intuition.
12. Learn to play an instrument well.
13. Take a roadtrip across the United States.
14. See the White Nights in St. Petersburg.
15. See the Middle East.
16. See Africa.
17. See Asia.
18. See South America.
19. Live in a loft in downtown Manhattan.
20. Live in a townhouse in Greenwich Village.
21. Attend all 4 grand slam tennis tournaments.
22. Scuba dive and snorkel.
23. Make a true and meaningful contribution to the world.
24. Stay physically fit.
25. See a volcano explode.
26. Play one last singles tennis tournament. (for closure on my junior tennis days)
27. Own a beach house.
28. Take plenty of pictures along the way.
29. Learn to take decent, perhaps even artsy, photographs.
30. Own one significant, but not necessarily famous, piece of art.
31. Keep in touch with all my good friends and my family.
32. Live with the fewest regrets possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home