Saturday, May 05, 2007

My Morning Commute

Every morning I ride my bike a mile to get to the bus stop where a free shuttle takes me to work. During most winter mornings, I wear a ski mask during my commute- it is just too cold to have any skin exposed. With the spring, though, I get to be mask free and my senses are fully exposed to my surroundings.

Most morning commutes in the mask free season involve smelling the magic of fresh Junior Mints as I pass by the Junior Mints factory on the way to work. Who knew Cambridge was once a candy manufacturing mecca? Unfortunately, the Junior Mints factory is the only remnant of that golden candy era in Cambridge. Lucky for me, though, it is up and running, emitting the sweet smell of Junior Mints at 7:30AM as I drowsily trudge to work. I usually arrive at my job at the Joslin Diabetes Center looking for sugar. I love life's little ironies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home