Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The Arcade Fire Never Disappoints

What is it about the Arcade Fire's music that makes me feel so alive every time I listen to it? Perhaps it's their creative use of a wide array of instruments. Maybe it is their poetic lyrics, mostly in English but occasionally in French. It could be the way Wynn's and Regine's voices play off each other. Or the way their music sounds so organic, taking these unexpected melodic turns that audaciously defy the pop song formula.

Or it could be that every time I hear Wake Up, I can close my eyes and picture myself standing next to Wynn on the stage as I belt out the lyrics at the top of my lungs. :) Nothing will ever top that May 8th concert at the United Palace Theatre in Washington Heights. (See Lawrence's blog post here if you didn't catch that reference. :) )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home