Friday, August 11, 2006

Where I Am

I've been in a dreamy state of mind lately. I get caught up in whatever song I'm listening to, following every note and hanging on every word. I savor every spoonful of ice cream I have in the hot Boston summer. I take every opportunity to sit in the sun while I can still feel its rays in Boston. I catch myself daydreaming a lot about the future and the many things I want to accomplish. I am so excited about my life, and not in the conceited way, but in the I'm-loving-the-direction-of-my-life-and-can't-wait-to-see-what's-next sort of way.

This new found excitement has affected the way I live life day to day. I find myself exercising almost every day- not just for my health, but for the natural high I feel after a good workout. Friends can "hear a smile" in my voice when I talk to them on the phone. I'm constantly laughing, partly because my chem TA is such a character and partly because I've come to appreciate the humor in nearly every sitation in which I find myself.

I'm genuinely happy. I constantly find myself loving every moment and excited to experience the next one. I've found balance. I used to "savor the moment" because certain aspects of my life were about to change, like leaving high school and college, and beginning life in Boston. Now I savor them just because. I think I've come to appreciate that there is a very final end to life, not just leaving high school or college, that has made me want to enjoy every moment and make the most of my life. I can see that my days are numbered (hopefully a very high number), so I try to take nothing for granted. I hope to look back on my life one day and be completely satisfied with how I lived it, knowing that I never wasted a moment and lived to have the fewest regrets. (Dying with no regrets, depending on what the regrets would have been about, is reckless in my opinion, but that's a topic for another blog post.)

I feel like I'm on the right track for living a happy and satisfying life, enjoying every moment just because. On that note, I'm going to have my breakfast banana and cereal on the porch while some mellow Norah Jones plays in the background as a cool, high 70s summer day starts in Cambridge. See, these are the sorts of moments I'm constantly finding myself in, and I'm savoring already. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Lawrence David said...

so happy so early in the morning!

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home